I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Unwanted guest...

So yesterday, Kate and I were in the kitchen making meatloaf for dinner. We were having fun (well she was, I was trying to keep her from licking the nasty raw hamburger). Anyway, out of the corner of my eye I see something moving in my kitchen. I look over to the floor by my sink in time to see a large mouse scurrying over to my dishwasher and then disappear next to it in a space that couldn't fit a pen. So I made some noise (not exactly a scream but close) and Mark came into the kitchen running. I told him that he was not to go back to the other room and watch TV but that he was supposed to go get his keys, take Kale and head to Walmart to get some mouse traps and get rid of the rodent in my kitchen. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. He laughed but they did it. I told Kale as he was leaving that I needed him to be my hero and kill that mouse.

They went and came back with a few old fashioned traps and some DeCon. Mark put peanut butter in them and we left them alone. I did lecture our worthless mouser cat, however. I told Obi that he needed to earn his keep or hit the road. There's a mouse in my house for goodness sakes and he's giving himself a bath on the couch!

This morning Mark checked the traps and sure enough there was a large mouse with it's neck broken, tongue sticking out, stuck and dead in our trap. Kale was pretty excited about it apparently. He said to Mark 'we killed him!'. He was pretty proud of himself. I thanked both Kale and Mark for being my heroes and getting rid of our unwanted guest.

1 comment:

  1. Man! I wish I could do that with a boy, instead I would be counseling my daughters about why I had to kill the mouse!

    ReplyDelete

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."