I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Omaha - part 2


I have to share this photo that Amy took. Don't her eyes look amazing? She's such a beautiful girly. Yes she's mine and I'm bragging on her but I think it's ok every once in a while don't you? :)
Back to the vacation....
We stayed in a small town called Ashland {it's about half way between Omaha and Lincoln}. My aunt and uncle live there. They own an art gallery and live above it in a really sweet apartment.
We were able to stay next door in a vacant apartment. The price was right (free) and it was close to family. It was really great. We called it the fun house because the floor in the Palmer bedroom {Jack slept in the closet and the rest of us on blow-up mattresses - the place had no furniture} was probably a foot lower by the door than the opposite wall. During the night we'd all slide down toward that corner of the room :) We were super thankful for it though because we probably couldn't have made the trip without a free place to stay. Very blessed indeed!
The back of the building had some really cool places to take pictures so Mark had fun. These are pictures of pictures but you get the idea.Don't they look like little models? Cracked me up!

Friday night we had dinner then went to one of their amazing state parks. My cousin Amy was able to fix Kate's hair. Isn't she adorable?
Thanks to Amy for the beautiful picture.
In Colorado you can hike, camp or fish in most parks. And that's it. In Omaha you can go to parks, play mini-golf, ice-skate, go to a water park, ride ponies, stay in their cabins, and lots more that I forget off the top of my head. Needless to say they're pretty sweet.

They even have merry-go-rounds! I don't think there's a park in Durango that has one anymore. Sad isn't it? The kids went nuts for them.
After the park we hiked a tall tower and took this picture.
Jack, Kate, Emilia, Emerson, Ethan and Kale.
(the other 3 cousins weren't there this night)
After the tower we headed to the Dairy Cone for 25 cent kid ice cream cones! Awesome deal.The family that was there that night:
Bob the Great (my grandpa), my dad, Uncle Kim, Ethan, Mark, Jack and I
2nd row: Kate, Emerson, my mom, Kale, aunt Lynn and Emilia.
Amy took the picture.
That about wraps up part deux.
sig 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."