I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lampoons part deux

You must really want to hear how the rest of the vacation went if you came back for more after Monday's looooooong post!

Ok then. Tuesday Mark, Kelly, Meghan and I took Kate and Kale to Toy Story 3. We spent the extra $$ to see it in 3-D and I can't say that it was totally worth it. I haven't seen any other movies in 3-D to compare but it didn't seem all that amazing to me. We just all cried at the end of the movie. It was a great ending to the trilogy :)

We also played out in my parent's amazing backyard. My mom had gotten a new pool and a new slip n' slide so we got to introduce the kids to the fun of slipping and sliding. Kale, the ever cautious-don't-want-to-make-a-fool-of-myself-kid, would not try it. Kate, the ever-adventurous-free-spirit, did. Of course she ran through it instead of sliding but it didn't matter, that was enough of a run for Kale to do it. Mark eventually went upstairs and got his suit on so he could show them the proper way to slip 'n slide. I have no pictures of that but I do have a video. I'm saving that for some sort of retaliation if I should ever need it. Ya know, blackmail....It's that good.

I had to blur out the cute buns in order to make this photo decent. I couldn't pass up the picture because little toddlers with cute chubbies is too adorable. Of course this led to me cleaning up after him like he was a dog if you get my drift...logs on the lawn....
Tuesday night we had dinner with Cathy's (the woman who had a stroke) husband who was in Denver for business and we got to meet Kelly's boyfriend, Carson. We roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. It was actually a pretty non-Lampoonish day.

Wednesday we knew we were going to dinner with Mark's sister, Julie, and her husband, Mike, so we decided to have an easy day. We went to a park for lunch. A big park. A park unlike any park we have anywhere near Durango. And it was fun!

It had two big playgrounds with equipment, a huge covered picnic area, a little train the kids can ride around the park, a petting zoo and a wading stream through the middle that kids can play in. So fun.

The kids and I took the train ride around the park. The conductor said it'd be about a 5 minute ride. I'm pretty sure it took less than 2 minutes. The guy was flying! Kind of amusing actually.

Since I've got lots of good pictures from our time with Mike and Julie I thought I'd post those tomorrow. Don't want to ruin a good long post :)

sig 2.0

3 comments:

  1. That all looks like fun! Where is that park that you guys went to? It looks fabulous. I would love to check it out sometime.

    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking family! Glad you had ONE enjoyable day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! First, where is the park you went to? It looks like some place we need to go! Also, don't you love Carson? He came to Caden's birthday party and anyone who does that gets two thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."