I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pink-a-licious

That was the birthday theme this year for our brand new 5 yr old. Yes her birthday was over 2 weeks ago but since she was sick we postponed her party until yesterday. Pink-a-licious is the name of a book Kate has where a little girl helps her mom make pink cupcakes then eats too many and turns pink. They try everything to get rid of the pink-ness and she winds up having to eat lots of green things. It's a pretty cute book and since Kate's favorite color is pink we thought it'd be fun to have pink everywhere.

We decorated with pink,

dressed in pink,

{the party guests: Kaiya, Jubilee, Elizabeth, Madi, Kate, Abi and Anna}
{we told them to dress in pink - of course- if they wanted to}

ate pink applesauce, drank pink juice, devoured pink cupcakes
and danced to music - no it wasn't pink but if it coulda been it woulda been.


Doesn't he have a look like he just got caught or something?
Jubilee - darling, sweet girly
Kaiya - wasn't feeling well the day before but just had to make it to the pink-a-licious party!
Abi - isn't this picture hilarious?! She's such a sweetie!
Anna - wasn't in the mood at that moment to smile.
Elizabeth - she's always got a smile
Ms Madi :) love her!
And of course the big brother
Little miss with some of her new stuff.
As usual we are still getting to know our children's own unique personalities. While Kate was super excited for her party and seemed thrilled to be able to hang with all of her friends, I think in the end she got overwhelmed. I know part of it is being 5 and part of it is over-stimulation but I think in the future we'll try and tone it down and give her something that she'll have a blast at. When it was all said and done with she was excited about the whole thing but in the midst of it? Let's just say we had a couple talks :)

Last year she just hung out with one little friend and we took them to the Children's museum and lunch and that seemed to suit her just fine. Live and learn I suppose. But I gotta make sure I write this down so that next year when we're trying to figure out what to do we'll remember.

I know things will change as she gets older and maybe then we'll revisit this but for now...I need a nap...
even though it was yesterday...
I'm still recovering... :)


And on that note here's my little ham...hamming it up....with 2 fires....


sig 2.0

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all the pink! Everything looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a pink party! How fun, Miss Kate! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madi had so much fun! Thanks again for a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."