Jack just had his 4 month check up last week. I thought I'd share a little about this sweet baby. He is so smiley! You just look at him and he grins from ear to ear. He loves looking at people and interacting with them. I swear I'll do pretty much anything to see him smile. He's trying desperately to roll from back to front. He's so close. He's pretty good from front to back. In fact he's like a turtle in that respect. He sleeps on his tummy and if he rolls over he's not sure what to do. This morning I woke up to him screaming. I went in to check on him and he was fine except he was on his back and hated it! It made me think of a turtle stuck on his shell. Poor guy. He's still workin'. He talks all the time now. Found his sweet cooing voice and loves to use it. Conversations are so great.
He also has the loudest, maddest, saddest scream I think I've ever heard. He really can go from one extreme to the other. We have not been able to figure out just why he screams like that but we're working on it. When I took him to the pediatrician last week she suspected he may have infant reflux (which seems to be quite common). She thinks he may be screaming because the acid is going back up his throat and burning - poor guy. This explains why he doesn't like to be put down a lot. Because he can't sit up yet we have to lay him down. That hurts I guess. So he's on baby Zantac {doesn't like it much} and we're gonna see if it helps. So far I haven't noticed much of a difference. We'll see.
He's growing but slowing down. He's only about 13 1/2 lbs. He hasn't doubled his weight yet. The Dr thinks the reflux may have something to do with that. Same with his height. Slowed down. He eats a lot and seems satisfied although she said if we want to start him on food we can. So don't want to. That's my least favorite stage of baby. But if the medicine doesn't help then we might try.
Anyway, not that the whole world wanted to know this about my son, but he doesn't get a lot of blog time yet so I'm working him in ;) We do think he's the cutest hat baby we've had!
That has to be the cutest picture of Jack I have seen to date. I love him too. He LOVES to smile and appreciates it when you help him along by making a silly face or talking sweet to him. Jack rocks... what a sweet sweet boy.
ReplyDelete