Recently I was browsing blogs (because I have so much free time...ok actually I was avoiding housework) and I came across one who was sharing her pet peeve of the week. If you know me you'd know that I, too, have certain pet peeves. I think I'm a generally nice person and wouldn't normally speak up on any of these things but it would be fun to share them...:) So here's a few that I've had running around my head since I read that blog. Feel free to add some more if you think of some!
~ Why is it that people will go through the self check out section at Wal-mart or City Market, with a full cart of groceries? I'm standing there with my measly pack of diapers, desperately trying to get done quick and they're having to do a price check on tomatos!
~Along the same Wal-mart lines...why is it that when you're ready to check out with your own full cart of groceries there are only 2 lines open and about 20 people who are done at the same time?
~ I really don't like it when people are texting someone else while having a conversation with me. How can they possibly hear or understand what I'm saying and how can they have 2 totally seperate conversations at the same time?
~ I hate clicky pens! The ones that click in and out. My old youth group kids will tell you that that can drive me buggy! Ever notice how people click them when they're bored and don't really notice they're doing it?
~ People who drag their feet and scuff their shoes on the floor. Are your feet really that heavy? I remember in college during exams in a big quiet lecture hall -- clicky pens and dragging Birkenstocks!
~ When people talk out loud during a sermon. I know it doesn't have to be completely quiet, and there are moments when people are discussing something, but I've seen people chat like they're outside on a park bench during a sermon (I get especially annoyed during my own husband's sermons).
~ Ungrateful people. I feel so sorry for people who are perpetually unhappy. They are no fun to be around. We have so much to be thankful and grateful for - even in hard times.
~ People who talk on their cell phones and don't care at all about the people around them. Like when you're in a grocery store and they are oblivious to the fact that they are totally blocking the aisle because they are talking about the horrible date they had last night. Or something like that :)
~ Loud TV commercials. I hate when you're watching a show and all of a sudden a commercial comes on and it blows you off the couch.
~ Talking or chewing with your mouth open and full of food. It's just gross. Really it is.
~ I like toilet paper rolled over the top. I don't like having to spin it to find the open end.
~ Dry off in the shower. I hate walking on a wet bathroom floor.
~ Texting and driving! That's uber dangerous!
~ When my husband drives 45 in a 60mph zone. I keep expecting to get rear-ended. (he helped remind me of this one-haha)
~ Tattletale-ing - I can't stand it when my kid comes up to tell me what everyone is doing wrong. It makes me cringe!
I know I have more in my brain somewhere. But that's a good start. I'm sure Mark will continue to remind me :)
I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.
"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."
I totally agree with you on the toilet paper rolled over the top... AND loud conversations during a sermon... (I have to remind my mother someone is up on stage preaching to us and that it's rude to talk while they are talking). You and BK share the "dry off in the shower thing". BK has the same pet peeve... doesn't your towel get all wet when it brushes up against the walls of the shower/shower curtain? love you girl... AND your pet peeves. Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteThe full cart in the self-check out my number one peeve. That a those who knowingly have more than 10 items an still get into the line with a cart, thereby making it impossible for them to turn around and go to another line. Only old people get sympathy from me. The need to stay of their feet. Yuppies move it!! Go back to school and learn to count!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I do the shopping cart thing at Wal Mart. The lanes are limited to quantity and I like making sure the prices are correct and the minimal exercise I get from the lifting, scanning turning sacking and packing. I do limit this to when it's early in the morning or late at night and no one is there.
ReplyDeleteBut a lane reserved for 10 or less and tobacco?
How about a lane for tired, haggared mothers with children?
I really hate it when people don't use their blinkers. How hard is it to push that lever when you're about to cut someone off???
ReplyDelete- Amy