The past week has been a roller coaster of emotion. I've experienced - through my good friends - just how painful a fire can be. I can not begin to imagine what they are having to deal with on an day to day, hour by hour, moment by moment basis. I know that it will get better as time goes on and more and more gets accomplished. It's hard to see the forest through the trees right now. Need to back up, get in a helicopter I suppose, and see all that surrounds us. Hard to do sometimes for sure. I've also gotten a good lesson on the scripture passage on the body of Christ. When one part of the body hurts, all the body hurts. Definitely not the same way but in their own way. I thought about when I tore my ACL 2 1/2 years ago. I will most likely never repair it because of circumstances. I thought about the pain that my right knee experiences. Terrible pain that comes and goes with weather, with how much stress I put on it etc... Then I thought about how the rest of my body adjusts to help my right knee. I can have back pain, headaches, my left leg compensates to handle additional stress, hips ache etc... The rest of my body is doing everything it can to not let my right leg feel more pain and allow it to heal. It's taking on other roles, other jobs, adjusting. This past week I've seen that happen in life. Other parts of the body are taking on additional roles to help the Saunders feel no additional pain and allowing them to heal. It causes a different kind of stress on the other parts but it's worth it. We want the Saunders to heal completely and wholly. We want them to come back even stronger. As a result, the other parts of the body will be stronger themselves. Exercising parts we didn't even know we had! :) God will use this for His glory.
An update on our friends: They are in temporary housing and continue to look for a place to rent till they rebuild. Linn just blogged that the contents of the house are a total loss. They will try to save a couple very precious things but there is little hope of them losing the fire smell, ever. They are being nominated for an Extreme Home Makeover. It would be a crazy circus, of this there is no doubt, but it could be a huge blessing to have a new home - in a week! Pray that God uses all of these things so that people may know Him. I know that's the Saunders heart. They are all in different stages of grief and I am sure it will be that way for awhile as it continues to settle in. I can not imagine the heartache. But I know they are optimistic and have hope. They have Jesus and that is their ultimate hope.
Please keep praying for them. This is not a sprint but a marathon.
I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.
"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."
No comments:
Post a Comment