I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Me!

I realized in thanking God for my family, I skipped myself. It may seem prideful but believe me, I am humbled to be thanking him everyday for the breaths that I breathe. He is my Creator and I am thankful that He created me.

I'm thankful...

...for my life. It's a precious gift.

...for my hair. It keeps my head warm in winter and cool in summer!

...for my eyes. I love to be able to see God's beauty all around me.

...for my nose. So many smells I love to smell (others not so much) but I'm thankful just the same

...for my mouth. I can sing, laugh, and speak! Some people may not be so thankful for that gift but I sure am! :)

...for my ears. I love to listen to music, laughter, my husband's voice...

...for my arms/hands. Wow! I can not even imagine how much more difficult my life would be without them. Besides all the things I do everyday (including typing on my computer), I hug with them. And I love hugs.

...for my heart. Pumping blood without me even thinking about it. God takes care of me 24/7. Even when I don't have a clue!

...for my legs/feet. Again, can not imagine being without them. I can run, walk, sit and stand. Thank you Lord.

...for my brain. What an incredible, complex thing. Only created by God. Man can't even come close to figuring it out. What a gift! {ok that can be taken two ways - I meant man in general figuring out brains in general, not Mark, even though he can't come close to figuring out my brain either...}

...for all the tiny things in between! I am so thankful for all the complex parts of my body that work perfectly together to give me life. Pieces so small and so complicated. No way this was random.

...that I am fearfully and wonderfully made!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to be reminded of the things that God made in us. I know that I need to be more thankful for myself.

    ReplyDelete

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."