I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The perfect storm

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster. Obviously with our friends, the Saunders (the button on the left will take you to a website set up for them) but also with our little man Jack.

I've had trouble nursing for the last three weeks. Lots of pain and not sure what was happening. Jack didn't/doesn't have Thrush or anything else. We were stumped. When I took him into the pediatrician she put me on a Rx in case I had an infection. It worked a bit but never really went away. Sunday was the final painful straw so Monday I saw my Dr and they gave me more medicine for an infection. They wanted Jack on meds to so we don't keep infecting each other.

After a long day of Drs we both went home with our own medicine hoping things would change. So my little man is on this medicine and Zantac. When he screams we're not sure if it's reflux, hunger (issues with nursing), cold (runny nose - yuck) or teething (very young to teethe but shows many signs so we're not sure). It's a guessing game really. Hence the perfect storm. A combination of all the possibilites. I don't want to just give him medicine everytime he cries but I hate to see him in pain too.

I finally gave in and started him on cereal which he seems to like as long as he's not starving. I'm hoping he'll catch on quick to the eating thing and it will help with the reflux. We're able to nurse again, thanks to the medicine although we still have a ways to go. He's on that medication for a week.

Thankfully, this little guy can smile and laugh just as big as he can scream. A pleasent change and reminder when it's tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."