I am also on Instagram if you'd like to see more pictures. My username is jmpalmer.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Distracted for 1 minute...

...Or maybe more I suppose. So I'm sitting at my computer a little bit ago, catching up on emails. I didn't think I was distracted very long until I turned around to see what my kids were up to. This is what I saw.
Kale had used the box (that contained our new ottoman that they've been playing in for a while now...) to make a room for his princess sister. He had brought out blankets {some of his favorite toys}, pillows, her dress up wardrobe - trunk
and dress up rack, and all her princess books. Honestly, I heard them making noise but I wasn't paying attention to what was really going on behind me. I had to take pictures and laugh. I had just spent the morning picking up and vacuuming (we have a couple coming over for dinner tonight and of course I have to make it look like my house is clean all the time) so he got all this out in seriously a matter of minutes! I had to document it. Maybe Guinness Book of World Records will call soon.
Anyway, when I finally realized what was going on, Kale was in the little rocking chair "reading" Sleeping Beauty to Kate who was all decked out in princess stuff (tiara, dress and shoes) and listening intently to the fascinating story she's heard a dozen or more times. It was pretty cute. Hard to be mad.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how long it takes them to clean but it only takes them minutes to get it all out. Very creative and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness so very cute! They just kill me!

    ReplyDelete

God is the God of our yesterdays. He allows us the memory of them so we can turn the past into the ministry for the future.

"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works. It is a mystery. And I love this about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul."