I had to post this story because I though it was really insane. I know people who are crazy texters but seriously, this girl is nuts!
Greg Hardesty didn't LOL when he got his teen daughter's cellphone statement.
All he could think was "OMG!"
The California man's 13-year-old daughter, Reina, racked up an astonishing 14,528 text messages in one month. The online AT&T statement ran 440 pages. Her fingers must be bleeding!
"First, I laughed. I thought, 'That's insane, that's impossible,' " the 45-year-old dad said. "And I immediately whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible."I wondered the same thing...
He found it was - barely.
It works out to 484 text messages a day, or one every two minutes of every waking hour. Are you kidding me? In the shower even?
Luckily, Hardesty has a phone plan that allows unlimited texting for $30 a month. Otherwise, he estimates, he would have owed AT&T $2,905.60 at a rate of 20 cents per message. Okay way more then my mortgage payment!
The average number of monthly texts for a 13- to 17-year-old teen is 1,742, according to a Nielsen study of cellphone usage. I stressed when I went over 300! Teens do at least 5 times that!
Just wait. In ten years this will be knocking on your door. Start saving.
ReplyDeleteWonder if she's the one who has been texting Autumn?
ReplyDeleteWow that is crazy
ReplyDeleteOkay I know Jill you wanted to put my name in here but I am not that bad lol! :) lol texting is the best invention yet lol! Love you!
ReplyDelete... this is way I plan on keeping my kids locked in the house; just kidding. It would be one solution to the problem though. Good thing she does not drive yet.
ReplyDelete